We are looking for a Technology Teacher, who will be part of a dynamic and highly successful technology department. The position carries responsibility for teaching High school students.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the safety and security of children and young people (child protection)
- Plan and deliver lessons in accordance with the goals and objectives of a clearly defined and documented curriculum
- Maintain students attendance records, grades and other required records
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work and assignments
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations
- Assist students who need extra help with their coursework outside of class
- Observe, monitor and record student progress
- Respond appropriately to the range of individual needs and abilities within the class
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues
- Demonstrate creativity
- Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues
- Maintain a safe learning environment for students and staff at all times
- Embody, uphold and promote the ISG Assessment Beliefs:
- The purpose of assessment is to improve learning.
- The student is the first and most important user of assessment data.
- Reflection is integral to deep learning.
- Assessments should be aligned with adopted standards.
- Feedback to students should be timely, targeted, accurate, actionable, ongoing, and embedded in the assessment process.
- Assessments should produce accurate data capable of informing instruction and learning.
- Assessments should give students opportunities to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways.
- Creating and upholding structures that support teacher collaboration around assessment practices will enhance student learning.
- Strive to help students demonstrate and embody the characteristics of the ISG Profile of Graduates:
- Leadership - inspire and motivate others
- Collaboration - purposeful and effective interaction with others
- Individuality - self-development, confidence, and motivation
- Open mindedness - embrace and respect diverse ideas to refine perspective(s), balance judgment, and inspire compassion
- Balance - well-roundedness, focus, and sustenance of a healthy mental and physical lifestyle through efficient and proficient use of time
- Integrity - willingness and desire to do the right thing
- Growth mindset - belief that talents may be learned and perfected through perseverance
- Critical thinking - apply multiple perspectives and deep reasoning to real world situations
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice Principal
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certification as a teacher
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience as a technology teacher
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral
- Highly-developed classroom management skill
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office