The Superintendent’s Office Assistant is part of a small, dynamic team staffing the Superintendent’s Office. The position is primarily responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to the Chief of Administrative Staff and Superintendent’s Office.
Please note that an exceptionally high level of customer service, confidentiality and discretion is required for this position.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the safety and security of children and young people (child protection)
- Provide the first point of contact for all incoming calls and visitors to the Superintendent’s Office
- Respond to all enquiries in a professional, welcoming and timely manner
- Provide a full range of administrative and clerical support, e.g. photocopying, filing, transport arrangements, travel bookings, etc.
- Process emails and written correspondence, as needed for department staff
- Comprehensively manage room bookings for all District Office meeting rooms
- Order stationery supplies for the Superintendent’s Office
- Order tea room/kitchen supplies for the Superintendent’s Office
- Producing certificates and formal awards for events
- Photocopying, scanning and faxing
- Organize and maintain a fully automated system for ordering stationery in the Superintendent’s Office
- Investigate other areas for operational efficiency using automated systems in the Superintendent’s Office
- Design, implement and organize all office space, kitchen area and front of house reception area
- Purchase all furniture from Superintendent’s Office budget, as required
- Regularly review all communal area space in the District Office Building
- Processing travel expense claims, as necessary for District Office staff and visitors
- Logging and processing all invoice payments for the department on Skyward
- Oversee the budget for tea room supplies and stationery for the department and produce a monthly report on expenditure
- Manage petty cash for the department and complete a monthly reconciliation for Finance
- Assist with the organization of the annual Board of Trustees Retreat.
- Assist with the organization of the annual Board of Trustees and Administration Dinner.
- Organize the annual ISG Staff Children’s Holiday Tea
- Organize the annual District Office Seasonal Luncheon
- Organize the annual District Office End of Year Luncheon
- Assist in the organization of conference attendance
- Assist in the organization of other ISG events, as required
- Organize other ad hoc office events as required, e.g. office lunches
- Coordination and development of other ad hoc projects for the Chief of Administrative Staff and Superintendent as required
- Log all Superintendent’s Office absences on Google Calendar
- Produce an accurate monthly absence report for Human Resources, including a cross-check with department staff and line manager
- Assist in any ad hoc projects, as required by the Chief of Administrative Staff and Superintendent
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in related field of study
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with MS Office and/or Google Suite
At least one year of Administrative Assistant or PA experience
Fluent in Arabic (both spoken and written)