The International Schools Group (ISG) is a not-for-profit, forward-looking school district in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. Our five schools are co-educational day schools delivering Kindergarten 1 to Grade 12 in the American program and Foundation Stage 1 through Year 13 in the British program to expatriate children and some students from the host country. Students enroll in either an American or British curriculum education that encompasses these higher-level programs: Advanced Placement (AP) Capstone Diploma and/or International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) at American School Dhahran, ISG Dammam, and ISG Jubail and (I)GCSE and A levels at British School Dhahran.
Founded in 1962 and now in its 60th year, ISG was originally established to serve the needs of expatriate families working for the U.S. Consulate in Dhahran.
From its initial enrollment of six students to its present status as a district of five schools with approximately 3,200 students, ISG has earned a reputation for providing the highest quality American and British education. Today, over 50 nationalities make up the ISG community.
The district is governed by a Board of Trustees, supported by school councils, the U.S. Consulate General Dhahran and is licensed by the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Education.
Our schools are accredited by some of the top institutions in the world: the Middle States Association Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS), British Schools of the Middle East (BSME), British Schools Overseas (BSO) and the International Baccalaureate (IB).
Our Mission, Core Values, and Strategic Goals
We inspire innovation and compassionate action.
Respect, acceptance, integrity, responsibility … with a commitment to act.
ISG is committed to four strategic, school improvement goals. Three of these are student-centered: 1) learner agency, 2) compassionate action and 3) growing literacy. The fourth goal is an organizational capacity goal striving for system coherence.
Our schools are guided by our district mission, learning principles and assessment beliefs. Our shared focus is further complemented by the diversity of our community and core divisional curricula as we work in
partnership with the community to educate tomorrow's future leaders. ISG maintains an emphasis on progressive teaching and learning. Curriculum and learning programs at ISG are evaluated and reviewed cyclically, through current research and trends in education. This ensures that our programs meet the highest standards of excellence and are being implemented in the most effective way in the classroom in order to enhance program outcomes and learning targets.
The 2021-2022 ISG Learning Report showcases academic success, college acceptances and professional development at ISG.
HIGH SCHOOL ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL VACANCY FOR 2024-2025 SCHOOL YEAR
Principal, Michael Schreider, seeks a dynamic candidate with proven school leadership experience to join ISG on August 1, 2024 to serve as the High School Assistant Principal beginning in the 2024-2025 school year. The High School Assistant Principal will join a district leadership team that includes the Superintendent, Directors, Principals and ISG Dammam leadership team comprised of division level Assistant Principals, grade level and department facilitators.
ISG Dammam at a glance
First established in 1985 as Rahima Academy, ISG Dammam offers an American, standards-based curriculum to KG1 - Grade 12 students with select AP courses available at the high school level.
ISG Dammam is dedicated to fostering self-motivated students who pursue learning throughout their lives. The school offers a secure, nurturing, and culturally diverse atmosphere, upholding high standards in academic achievement, character development, and civic responsibility. Graduates are well-prepared to adapt and thrive as global citizens in an ever-evolving world.
ISG Dammam is currently led by one Principal and three Assistant Principals, one at each level (Elementary, Middle, High). The student body represents over thirty nationalities, most of whom speak a language other than English as their first language. The school has rigorous admission standards, including an entrance examination. Currently, the high school has 280 students, while the total enrollment from KG1 to Grade 12 exceeds 760.
The school employs 30 high school teachers from various nationalities, all holding certifications and degrees. The faculty includes counselors, learning support specialists, nurses, and librarians. ISG Dammam emphasizes continuous staff development to maintain high educational standards.
ISG is committed to the safety and protection of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The ideal candidate is passionate about student education and their role in collaboratively contributing to a high-functioning international high school. They will perform the day-to-day administration of the high school including by not limited to:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the safety and security of children and young people (child protection)
- Serve as a strong child advocate
- Implement policy directives of the Board of Trustees
- Advise the staff on policy adoptions and all matters pertaining to the operation and welfare of the school when requested to do so
- Represent the school with all stakeholder groups: students, staff, parents, and community
- Keep the Principal regularly informed regarding areas of responsibility assigned
- Implement effective schools practices via staff development, consistent with the current research base
- Assist the Principal with direct responsibility for the management, organization, and supervision of all school operations
- Assist in the development of administrative guidelines
- Assist in the development and implementation of long range site plans
- Supervise and evaluate school personnel as determined by the Principal
- Assist in the preparation of required reports
- Help maintain complete records including a system of financial accounts, business and property records, personnel, school population, and educational records, as needed. Serve as a custodian of such records
- Assist in the process of student admission and assignment of all students to classes
- Coordinate the delivery of student counseling services when necessary
- Keep all stakeholders informed of activities, needs, and successes of the school
- Establish and maintain a program of public information between the schools and stakeholder groups
- Confer monthly with parent committees concerning the school program and transmit suggestions through the principal to the Superintendent
- Attend Parent Council Meetings and Month Coffee Talks to represent the High School
- Implement the District’s Human Resource Policies
- Maintain appropriate procedures to safeguard the property, buildings, vehicles, and equipment of the school
- Undertake whatever tasks and timings may be needed to ensure the continual well-being of the organization, as perceived by the Principal and in cooperation with the ISG Superintendent
- Keep abreast of current educational research, trends, and practices
- Supervise and evaluate school personnel as determined by the Principal
- Assist in the implementation of the curriculum and instructional program to achieve stated outcomes as authorized by the Board of Trustees
- Make recommendation for specific changes and long-range plans for instructional improvement in the teaching/learning process
- Supervise and direct the work activities of employees as assigned by the Principal
- Recommend staff for employment, non-renewal and termination
- Assist the Principal in conducting the school’s employee appraisal system
- Inform the Principal of personnel concerns
- Follow guidelines for appropriate hours of work. If needed, set guidelines and standards for all staff in conjunction with the Principal
Communication, Collaboration and Teamwork
- Work collaboratively with staff members
- Maintain an “open door” for staff. Ensure employee confidentiality
- Act as acting Principal on whole school matters when the Principal is absent from the school
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal
The ideal candidate will have:
- Masters or Advanced Degree (preferred)
- Evidence of already undertaking professional development in school leadership, such as completion of (or in progress)
- Knowledge of current trends and educational resources available in technology
- A strong awareness of child protection and a commitment to ensure the safety of our students
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Model ISG’s guiding principles
- Passionate about education
- An effective communicator
- Attention to detail
- Firm and fair
- Lead by example with high professional standards
- Have a growth mindset and a belief that all students can succeed
- Lead with the belief that there is greatness in others and the potential to grow, change and get better
- Encourage your staff and students to grow and provide opportunities for all
- Dynamic and motivational
- Ability to work in a self-directed and proactive manner, and under direction, according to need
- Proven ability to use a range of IT, including social media;
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Ability to work in a focused team environment to meet common goals
- Ability to use initiative and sound judgment
- Confidentiality and discretion in responding to sensitive issues
- Positive attitude towards continuous self-improvement
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record in collaboratively leading change and school improvement initiatives
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral
- Enthusiasm for ISG’s change initiative
- Enthusiasm for ISG’s guiding principles and strategic goals