COVID-19 (January 2020, ongoing)
In this section, you will find information for the ISG community about our responses to COVID-19, the latest updates, and online resources to support our health and well-being.
All campuses are operating virtual school until further notice.
- As of August 2, 2020 the Saudi Government has reported to the World Health Organization 277,478 confirmed COVID-19 cases.
- The Saudi Government suspended operations in many government agencies starting March 16, 2020. All schools and universities are temporarily closed. Operations of many markets and malls are suspended; gatherings in parks, beaches and resorts are prohibited. Restaurants are closed with the exception of take-away service. Pharmacies, clinics, hospitals and grocery stores remain open.
- As of May 3, 2020 entry and exit to Dammam industrial city is prohibited until further notice.
- An overnight curfew is in effect for Saudi Arabia. Until May 13, generalized movement is permitted from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and limited commercial and economic activity may resume. Social distancing is required and public gatherings of more than five people is prohibited.
- Flights (international) and inter-urban bus, taxi and train service have been suspended until further notice.
- Travellers arriving from outside Saudi Arabia, including citizens and residents, will be placed in isolation for 14 days following their arrival.
Sources: U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Saudi Arabia, John Hopkins, WHO