COVID-19 (January 2020, ongoing)
In this section, you will find information for the ISG community about our responses to COVID-19, the latest updates, and online resources to support our health and well-being.
All campuses are operating virtual school until further notice.
- As of April 2, the Saudi Government has reported to the World Health Organization 1720 confirmed COVID-19 cases.
- The Saudi Government suspended operations in many government agencies starting March 16, 2020. All schools and universities in Saudi Arabia are temporarily closed. Operations of many markets and malls are suspended; gatherings in parks, beaches, and resorts are prohibited. Restaurants are closed with the exception of take-away service. Pharmacies and grocery stores remain open.
- A nationwide 7 p.m. – 6 a.m. curfew is in effect for the entire Kingdom; the cities of Riyadh, Jeddah, Mecca, and Medina are under a 3 p.m. – 6 a.m. curfew. The curfew remains in effect for 21 days beginning on March 23, 2020, with limited exceptions for life and safety.
- International and domestic flights and inter-urban bus, taxi and train service have been suspended until further notice.
- Travel between provinces of Saudi Arabia is prohibited for a period of 21 days beginning March 26, 2020.
(Sources: U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Saudi Arabia, John Hopkins, WHO)