International Schools Group (ISG), formerly Saudi Arabian International Schools (SAIS) consists of three divisions: the American Division based on a U.S. model curriculum; the British Division delivering the British National curriculum; and the International Division patterned after a U.S. curriculum with the addition of a National Languages Program offering Arabic, Hindi, Filipino, and Urdu. Our mission is
We inspire innovation & compassionate action.
ISG currently operates seven individual schools in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Guided by the our district Mission, Belief Statements and Graduate Profile, ISG schools are student-centered. Our shared focus is further complemented by the diversity of our community and core divisional curricula as we work in partnership with the community to educate tomorrow's future leaders.
Our programs accommodate every level of elementary and secondary education beginning with Pre-reception or Pre-KG and culminating in full High School and Key Stage Four programmes. Students also have the option of enrolling in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
ISG's new Dhahran Baccalaureate Centre (DBC) also offers the IB Diploma Programme. Approved an IB World School by the International Baccalaureate Organization, DBC is organized under the auspices of Dhahran High School.
American and International Division schools are fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and Dhahran British Grammar School is accredited by the Council of International Schools. This accreditation is accepted and recognized throughout the world. As a whole, student SAT10 standardized test scores average well above the US national norm. Dhahran British Grammar School participates fully in the British National Curriculum. "End of Key Stage" National Curriculum testing is completed every year with high results.
ISG students represent over forty different countries. The American and British Divisions are staffed primarily with Western-trained educators. The International Division meets the needs of a multinational student population with a multinational and highly-qualified teaching staff.
ISG is committed to the safety and protection of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
At ISG, we believe that:
- Student learning must be the primary focus of the decisions affecting our schools.
- Development of the whole child socially, physically, intellectually and emotionally is imperative to success.
- We value our students as unique individuals and treat them with dignity; all our students are worthy of this respect.
- By inspiring our students they will contribute to society as knowledgeable, responsible and cultured citizens.
- Differences in learning styles exist; therefore, students have the right to learn in a way that brings them personal success.
- Activities beyond the curriculum that foster leadership, confidence and teamwork are essential to the development of the whole child.
- Students learn best and are most successful when the learning environment is safe and secure.
- Understanding and acknowledging the values of all cultures and diversity is essential and enriches the learning environment.
- Effective education requires appropriate facilities where students experience security, care, dignity and respect.
- The recruitment, professional development and retention of excellent employees are of vital importance to our success.
- Good morale is critical to the success of our schools.
- Our co-educational programs must be accomplished in a manner consistent with the regulations of the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Education.
Our Graduate profile
ISG students will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Leadership - inspire and motivate others
- Collaboration - purposeful and effective interaction with others
- Individuality - self-development, confidence, and motivation
- Open mindedness - embrace and respect diverse ideas to refine perspective(s), balance judgement, and inspire compassion
- Balance - well-roundedness, focus, and sustenance of a health mental and physical lifestyle through an efficient and proficient use of time
- Integrity - willingness and desire to do the right thing
- Growth mindset - belief that talents may be learned and perfected through perseverance
- Critical thinking - apply multiple perspectives and deep reasoning to real world situations
- Students learn best with voice and choice
- Learning is a reflective practice
- Learning requires a safe, collaborative environment
- Learning requires feedback for growth
- Learning inspires passionate engagement
- Learning from failure requires a growth mindset
- Appropriate challenge engages and motivates learners
- The purpose of assessment is to improve learning.
- The student is the first and most important user of assessment data.
- Reflection is integral to deep learning.
- Assessments should be aligned with adopted standards.
- Feedback to students should be timely, targeted, accurate, action-able, ongoing, and embedded in the assessment process.
- Assessments should produce accurate data capable of informing instruction and learning.
- Assessments should give students opportunities to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways.
- Creating and upholding structures that support teacher collaboration around assessment practices will enhance student learning.
Curriculum and learning programs at ISG are evaluated and reviewed cyclically and as needed, through current research and trends in education, to ensure they meet the highest standards of excellence and are being implemented in the most effective way in the classroom to enhance program outcomes and learning targets.
Our American/International division educators are currently deepening their understanding of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for Mathematics and English/Language Arts. We are also part of Project AERO, through the US Department of State’s Office of Overseas Schools.
The British National Curriculum has been revised and is being rolled out in stages. Our British division is aligning with the new programmes of study, as well.
We are pleased to offer the IB Diploma Programme at the Dhahran Baccalaureate Centre on the Dhahran campus. Cohort 4 began in the 2014/2015 school year.