International Schools Group (ISG), formerly Saudi Arabian International Schools (SAIS) consists of three divisions: the American Division based on a U.S. model curriculum; the British Division delivering the British National curriculum; and the International Division patterned after a U.S. curriculum with the addition of a National Languages Program offering Arabic, Hindi, Filipino, and Urdu.
ISG currently operates seven individual schools in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Guided by the our district Mission, Belief Statements and Graduate Profile, ISG schools are student-centered. Our shared focus is further complemented by the diversity of our community and core divisional curricula as we work in partnership with the community to educate tomorrow's future leaders.
Our programs accommodate every level of elementary and secondary education beginning with Pre-reception or Pre-KG and culminating in full High School and Key Stage Four programmes. Students also have the option of enrolling in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
ISG's new Dhahran Baccalaureate Centre (DBC) also offers the IB Diploma Programme. Approved an IB World School by the International Baccalaureate Organization, DBC is organized under the auspices of Dhahran High School.
American and International Division schools are fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and Dhahran British Grammar School is accredited by the Council of International Schools. This accreditation is accepted and recognized throughout the world. As a whole, student SAT10 standardized test scores average well above the US national norm. Dhahran British Grammar School participates fully in the British National Curriculum. "End of Key Stage" National Curriculum testing is completed every year with high results.
ISG students represent over forty different countries. The American and British Divisions are staffed primarily with Western-trained educators. The International Division meets the needs of a multinational student population with a multinational and highly-qualified teaching staff.
International Schools Group (ISG) is a multicultural organization of accredited schools in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia offering a challenging world-class education. We endeavor to ensure that our students aspire to their fullest potential to become capable of a lifetime of high achievement, driven by integrity, acceptance of others and personal ambition. This will be achieved through excellent programs implemented by dedicated professional educators in a safe and nurturing environment.
Open communication and honesty are at the heart of our partnership with students, parents and community.
At ISG, we believe that:
- Student learning must be the primary focus of the decisions affecting our schools.
- Development of the whole child socially, physically, intellectually and emotionally is imperative to success.
- We value our students as unique individuals and treat them with dignity; all our students are worthy of this respect.
- By inspiring our students they will contribute to society as knowledgeable, responsible and cultured citizens.
- Differences in learning styles exist; therefore, students have the right to learn in a way that brings them personal success.
- Activities beyond the curriculum that foster leadership, confidence and teamwork are essential to the development of the whole child.
- Students learn best and are most successful when the learning environment is safe and secure.
- Understanding and acknowledging the values of all cultures and diversity is essential and enriches the learning environment.
- Effective education requires appropriate facilities where students experience security, care, dignity and respect.
- The recruitment, professional development and retention of excellent employees are of vital importance to our success.
- Good morale is critical to the success of our schools.
- Our co-educational programs must be accomplished in a manner consistent with the regulations of the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Education.
A graduate of an ISG school is expected to:
- Possess an understanding of the major fields of knowledge necessary for success in adult life.
- Read critically, write with clarity, listen carefully and speak effectively.
- Make realistic goals and continually strive to attain them.
- Be an independent, critical thinker and a competent problem solver.
- Collaborate and work well with others while respecting their right to voice their opinions.
- Possess a strong self-awareness and positive self-image.
- Possess a sound work ethic.
- Have a capacity for creativity and originality.
- Possess personal integrity and an awareness of ethical behavior.
- Respect diversity and demonstrate cultural sensitivity.
- Be flexible, resilient and adaptable.
- Possess the skills to function in their environment.
- Develop sound habits of physical and nutritional health.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity.